The Best Staffing and Recruiting Pros in Utah Work at YES!
Please give it up for this month’s Employee Spotlight!
Thank You Riley Smith | YES October Employee Spotlight
This month we’ve chosen to recognize an amazing employee of ours who has done so much for us in the past three years. He has had so many different roles in almost all of our different locations and has rocked them all! He is like our office chameleon. He can adapt himself really well to any situation and does so with such a positive attitude. He is such an asset to our team and we’re proud to announce him as this month’s Employee Spotlight: Riley Smith!
We asked Riley to answer 11 questions about work and life. Here’s what he had to say:
1. Five things you enjoy.
- Video games
- Playing with my dog
- The satisfaction of finishing up homework
- I also enjoy eating
2. Three things you don’t.
Pretty easy going guy. Enjoy or will put up with just about anything. But i don’t like:
- Being cut off
- Chalky protein shakes
3. What do you like most about working at YES?
The awesome environment both from co-workers and up management. We are always supported in what we want to do.
4. What do you think would make YES better?
If it was closer to my house, or had a barbell in the garage.
5. If you could meet anyone, who?
Dan Bailey, that guy is an animal. I would talk him into training me.
6. Your favorite place in the world.
I miss Guatemala a lot, I would love to go back and vacation at SOME parts there. Some parts are just scary.
7. You’re big into CrossFit. What’s your greatest achievement in the gym? What’s your next big goal?
A lot of people can’t snatch their own body weight, and I can snatch 20 lbs more than my body weight. Next big goal is to increase to 40 lbs more than my body weight.
8. What is the number one challenge you face in your job?
The stress of timelines and then thinking you completed something, but people can let you down sometimes, and it happens all too often in the staffing industry.
9. What do you think is the best way to meet that challenge?
Just remember that you can’t control people and don’t let it get to you and get you down. Just have to let the client know whats going on. Thats where good communication is nice cause then they understand and are not mad at you and adding more stress.
10. What would you tell someone looking into working with YES?
Awesome decision. It is a AMAZING company. I remember when i was offered the job it was a tough decision from where i was at the time and coming here. but if someone asked me i would say don’t think. Just take it!
11. The president of Your Employment Solutions, Reed Laws, and the vice president, Kerry Westenskow, compete against you in a CrossFit games competition. What order would you all place?
If one of the workouts was golf… I would take dead last. But when it comes to working out, those two wouldn’t even want to risk breaking a nail.
Ha, Reed sure does enjoy a good manicure.
Thanks Riley for all you do to make Your Employment Solutions the best staffing agency in Utah!