Utah's Best Staffing Professionals Work at YES!
This month we would like to recognize an employee who has been a tremendous gift to us during this time of year – Laura Lafeen!
Thank You Laura Lafeen | YES December Spotlight
Laura is one of our amazing on-site managers at one of our largest clients that happens to be extremely busy this time of year. Laura helps on-board and train all new hires, while also helping motivate and reward all YES employees at that location. She has been extremely valuable to us all year long, but especially during the peak busy season when their hours are extended, all hands are on deck, and our other offices are screening and recruiting hundreds of employees for their team to manage. Laura is invaluable to our team because she is upbeat, friendly, and always willing to help. She brings a positive attitude and outlook to the team and we know we can rely on her.
We asked Laura to answer 11 questions about work and life. Here’s what she had to say:
1. Five things you enjoy.
- Being a Mom!
- Literature: I’m constantly reading or writing
- Caffeine… kind of an addict, not seeking help!
2. Three things you don't.
- Being late, it drives me crazy!
- Grocery shopping! Ugh, it’s the worst!
3. What do you like most about working at YES?
I like that YES is a place with upward opportunity and growth and that values and integrity are not just talked about but are shown!
4. What do you think would make YES better?
More Mav runs?! Lol, I only get them every so often! :)
5. If you could meet anyone, who?
Walt Disney! His creativity, imagination, determination, and business drive were outstanding! Legendary!
6. Your favorite place in the world.
Lake Powell! So many fun memories from pretty much living there during the summers while I was growing up!
7. Everyone was super impressed by your
Honestly I never really got into dressing up for Halloween when I was younger. Waaay to cool for that. Haha. But I was pretty proud of my mermaid look this year! I was Stitch from Lilo and Stitch last year which turned out pretty cute! My daughter was Lilo so it was a fun mommy/daughter costume duo!
8. What is the number one challenge you face in your job?
Not taking other peoples actions/opinions personal! It’s hard not to self doubt sometimes when you put so much time and energy into an individual that so easily throws opportunities away. It always makes me
9. What do you think is the best way to meet that challenge?
Meeting that challenge is sometimes just taking a step back and r
10. What would you tell someone looking into working with YES?
Do you need help filling out the application, because what are you waiting for? Opportunity awaits!
11. Being that it’s December, you have to pick out a perfect White Elephant Gift for YES leaders Reed Laws and Kerry Westenskow. What do you choose?
I stink at gifting! :/ I think that with it being
Or I saw a website the other day that you can custom order car air fresheners with your “besties” face on it! Have them hang each other’s faces in their windows smelling like a pine tree! Now that’d be fresh!
We value you and everything you bring to the team, Laura! Keep up the good work!
Human Resources Manager
Your Employment Solutions