We’re Grateful to Work With Utah’s Best Staffing Professionals!
As 2020 comes to an end, we reflect on what a wild and crazy year it has been. One thing YES is grateful for this year is adding this month’s Employee Spotlight to the team – Arlette Ruiz!
Thank You Arlette Ruiz | YES December 2020 Spotlight
Arlette started with us as an account manager in our North Salt Lake office in February right before the COVID-19 pandemic hit Utah. During the year she has had the challenge of managing a full-time work load while also supporting her family and guiding her two school-aged children through the pandemic. Regardless of all the challenges faced, she has come to work with a contagious smile and has always been so supportive and cheerful and has brought so much joy to our office. We are truly grateful for Arlette and have absolutely enjoyed having her on our staffing team. She is friendly, caring, dedicated, and hardworking.
We asked Arlette to answer 11 questions about work and life. Here’s what she had to say:
1. Five things you enjoy.
I enjoy: watching movies, cooking, sleeping is one of my favorite things, haha. Talking, and being with family.
2. Three things you don’t.
I don’t like to go shopping (I get stressed), sweeping the floor, and showering my dog.
3. What do you like most about working at YES?
Interacting with different people, you never know what you will hear
4. What do you think would make YES better?
I think YES is already fully covered, I can’t think of any right now.
5. If you could meet anyone, who?
The group Mana, (I love their music)
6. Your favorite place in the world.
7. 2020 has been a wild and crazy COVID year. You have worked with us full-time while having 2 school-aged kids at home. What has been the biggest challenge for you and your kids schooling during this time?
Yes, it has been hard, I just enjoy dropping them off at school just for few weeks, and then the COVID came. The biggest challenge is to make them do their school assignments, because they are at home and they think is not necessary. Also I like to cook but they eat too much!! I am now cooking before I come to work and after, it’s never enough.
8. What is the number one challenge you face in your job?
The biggest challenge is my accent.
9. What do you think is the best way to meet that challenge?
I don’t know because is something I can’t remove, I have been working on it, and still… Haha. Now I am starting to love my accent, I think is part of who I am.
10. What would you tell someone looking into working with YES?
I will tell them we are a company who cares about everyone, and have a great standards. This company welcomes all cultures, and give support to all who need it.
11. We know you LOVE Flamin’ Hot Cheeto Puffs. If you hosted a Flamin’ Hot Eating Competition, what type of food(s) would you make into a Flamin’ Hot version for contestants Reed Laws, YES President, and Kerry Westenskow, EVP, and who would win the eating competition and why?
Definitely Chis, not!! ….if it was possible I would create a chicken habanero Flamin’ Hot version. I think the winner of the contest will be Reed (I heard Reed loves spicy food) but Kerry will ask me all types of questions about how I created the recipe, haha, I bet he will try. (Kerry always listens to our suggestions).
We appreciate all that you do for us Arlette and look forward to seeing what 2021 has in store for us!
Human Resources Manager
Your Employment Solutions