Utah’s Best HR and Staffing Professionals Work at Your Employment Solutions!
This month’s Employee Spotlight is a valued member of the YES corporate support team – Ayerim Villegas!
Thank You Ayerim Villegas | YES January 2023 Spotlight
Ayerim works in the YES staffing back-office department as an HR assistant. She moved from receptionist to payroll very quickly and has been a great addition to the back-office team. Her personality is contagious and her willingness to learn has been amazing as she navigates the ways of payroll and as well as the ins and outs of employment law.
We asked Ayerim to answer 11 questions about work and life. Here’s what she had to say:
1. Five things you enjoy.
- Disney movies
- Hiking: I will always say YES
- Family game nights: Board games over video games!
- DIYing anything (Pinterest is my BFF)
- My two dogs, Luna and Azul. They just make me happy.
2. Three things you don’t.
- Spiders… I will cry
- Pickles… ewww
- Cold weather
3. What do you like most about working at YES?
My favorite thing about working with YES is the people. We all have such interesting backgrounds and stories, getting together is always a laugh. I am very grateful to have found you all.
4. What do you think would make YES better?
Taco Tuesdays!! because who doesn’t like tacos??
5. If you could meet anyone, who?
I would love to meet Helena Bonham Carter. She is simply marvelous.
6. Your favorite place in the world.
As much as I love to try new places, my favorite will always be my bed. I swear it’s my happy place at the end of a long day.
7. We know you travel back and forth between California and Utah a lot. What is your favorite place in California, and what is your favorite place in Utah and why?
Whenever I travel to California it’s not about the destination, but the people I am lucky enough to spend time with. Well, the people and the food. We are always trying new foods at home or in the city.
My favorite place in Utah would be Cross E Ranch in North Salt Lake our family has been going every year since 2016. It’s only gotten better each time. A close second would be the Ice Castles in Midway. Its beautiful and so much fun with the kiddos.
8. What is the number one challenge you face in your job?
The number one challenge I face is time management and knowing when it’s time to ask for help.
9. What do you think is the best way to meet that challenge?
I know I have an amazing team that is always willing to step in when needed, they are my biggest resource I just need to remember that.
10. What would you tell someone looking into working with YES?
What are you waiting for?? We are always eager to meet new people.
11. The Hogwarts House that someone identifies with can say a lot about them. If you were to embrace your inner Sorting Hat and sort CEO Reed Laws and President Kerry Westenskow into a Hogwarts House, what house do you think they would be in, and why? Between the three of you, who would win in a Quidditch Match?
There is no doubt in my mind that Reed would be a Gryffindor! He is a natural leader that will lead his house towards the House Cup OR a month’s long detention with Mr. Filch. Kerry would fit right in with the Hufflepuff’s. He is always so welcoming with everyone. I could see him trying to bring all the houses together for a secret party in the room of requirement. (After curfew of course.)
If the three of us were in a Quidditch match, Reed would slaughter Kerry while I would be on the ground looking for my glasses.
Thank you again for everything you do for Ayerim! You are an amazing person and we are so happy to have you on our team here at YES!
HR Generalist, PHR
Your Employment Solutions