We are honored to Work With Utah’s Best Staffing Professionals!
March marks a big milestone in that it’s been a year since the COVID-19 pandemic hit Utah in a major way. March also marks a YES milestone as it’s our time to spotlight another amazing staffing employee who has helped us navigate through such an interesting and unprecedented time – Maika Roberts!
Thank You Maika Roberts | YES March 2021 Spotlight
Maika is a recruiter in our Ogden office and has grown into a great account manager and on-site backup. She has been such a reliable, hardworking, fun loving and friendly member of the team and has caught on very quickly. She hit the ground running and she has done such a great job in the short time she’s been with us. We look forward to so much more of what Maika brings to the team and are eager to continue growing alongside her as we continue to maneuver through the global coronavirus pandemic.
We asked Maika to answer 11 questions about work and life. Here’s what she had to say:
1. Five things you enjoy.
Basketball, laying in the sun, boating, running, and playing piano.
2. Three things you don’t.
The snow, wearing glasses with a mask, and the color dark green.
3. What do you like most about working at YES?
The thing that I like most about YES is the people. It makes it enjoyable to go to work when I get to spend my days with such pleasant people.
4. What do you think would make YES better?
I think a big step would be finding a way to answer all of the 1 million phone calls a day haha.
5. If you could meet anyone, who?
If I could meet anyone, it would be Kourtney Kardashian. I think she is hilarious.
6. Your favorite place in the world.
My favorite place in the world is Saint George, Utah.
7. We know you love coffee. Do you have a favorite type of coffee or favorite coffee shop you’re willing to share?
My all-time favorite, yet very unhealthy (lol), coffee is the banana split coffee from Dutch Bros.
8. What is the number one challenge you face in your job?
I think that the number one challenge I face in my job is pacing myself to avoid burn-out.
9. What do you think is the best way to meet that challenge?
I believe the best way I have been able to mitigate that challenge has actually been to take a step back and create time periods for my individual tasks every day.
10. What would you tell someone looking into working with YES?
I would tell them that it is a fantastic place to work, very organized, and everyone is phenomenal!
11. Hypothetically speaking, if YES President and Vice President, Reed Laws and Kerry Westenskow, were to request your help as a hiking guide in St. George, where would you take them first? Where would you choose to challenge them to a hiking race and who do you think would win and why?
One of my favorite short “hikes” in Saint George is Gunlock because it is beautiful. Although, if I were choosing a trail to race on, I would most definitely pick “The Maze.” I believe that I would win because I know that trail like the back of my hand.
Thank you for all that you do Maika! We are so proud to have you on the team.
Human Resources Manager
Your Employment Solutions