The Best Utah Staffing Professionals Work at Your Employment Solutions!
April showers bring May flowers and May flowers represent our May Employee Spotlight, Alison Torres!
Thank You Alison Torres | YES May 2020 Spotlight
Alison is our own little ray of sunshine in our West Valley office and she brings so much joy and happiness to work with her each day. She has a great sense of humor and tries to find joy in all the little things in life. Alison is very much like a May flower in the sense that she is living and growing with us, she thrives on warmth and sunlight, loves her natural drinks like coffee and tea, and builds strength with her chia seeds and vitamin C shots. She blossoms more and more each day as we get to know her and are grateful to have her on the team!
We asked Alison to answer 11 questions about work and life. Here’s what she had to say:
1. Five things you enjoy.
- Going to the gym
- Spending time with my friends and family
- Taking my dog Dolce out for long walks
- Going shopping doesn’t matter if its in store or online
- Dancing alone – referenced by a Bad Bunny song
2. Three things you don't.
- Edgar questioning the amount of drinks that I have at my desk
- Bad drivers
- Getting cold/old coffee at the coffee shop
3. What do you like most about working at YES?
Coming to work every day with my team, I REALLY LOVE THEM!
4. What do you think would make YES better?
Keeping the high standards that we already have to maintain our title “Best company to work for!”
5. If you could meet anyone, who?
Harry Styles, he is so confident in himself and stands for what he believes in. Doesn’t matter whether its his fashion or his music he is own person and I love that about him.
6. Your favorite place in the world.
Even though I have never been to Santorini, Greece it just looks so beautiful and magical. Honestly anywhere in Greece would be amazing to visit!
7. We hear you are our local beverage connoisseur. What is your favorite drink or drink mixture and why?
I’m not sure how to describe my drinks, because I have many. I usually make a lemon water with Chia seeds and a shot of ginger and turmeric powder. If you want to know more give me a call. ?
8. What is the number one challenge you face in your job?
Finding honest hard working people.
9. What do you think is the best way to meet that challenge?
I have had a lot of help and coaching from my team especially our lovely Edgar. He has taught me how to solve different situations without fearing the outcome.
10. What would you tell someone looking into working with YES?
Always be humble and straight-forward. We love helping people to find a long-term job but its important to be honest with the recruiter if the position or job location isn’t a good fit, don’t be afraid to speak up.
11. Nicknames can be a fun, cheerful way to greet a friend or coworker. We hear yours is Ivankita. So, Miss Ivankita, if you could give a fun, little bit outlandish but work appropriate nickname to YES CEO Reed Laws and EVP Kerry Westenskow, what would they be and why?
- Reed: Johnny Bravo, because he is very charismatic and jacked.
- Kerry: Mr. Stark aka Iron Man, because he is very smart and funny also can’t forget a great business man.
Thank you so much for all that you do for us, Alison! Our office wouldn’t be the same without you!
Human Resources Manager
Your Employment Solutions