Showcasing Utah’s Best Staffing Professionals!
November is a month known for reflecting on things that we are thankful for. Here at YES, we are extremely grateful for this month’s employee spotlight – Jennifer Nunez Cortes!
Thank You Jennifer Nunez Cortes | YES November 2020 Spotlight
Jennifer previously worked at one of our largest clients and showed interest in working as a staff member with us here at YES. She was hired on earlier this year to help us grow a new client account that has quickly boomed in Utah! Jennifer has played a crucial role in providing customer service and growth for that client and we have truly benefited from her professionalism, reliability, flexibility, and her willingness to do whatever it takes to support us and our operations with that account.
We asked Jennifer to answer 11 questions about work and life. Here’s what she had to say:
1. Five things you enjoy.
- Watching tv
- Playing with dogs
- Exploring places
2. Three things you don’t.
- Barbecue sauce
- Sour cream
- Washing dishes
3. What do you like most about working at YES?
Everyone is friendly and helpful. Always bringing out the best in you while still learning.
4. What do you think would make YES better?
More leadership trainings to the employees from managers/management. I know with the whole covid situation is hard.
5. If you could meet anyone, who?
Definitely would like me meet my grandpa from my moms side of the family. I was too little to remember him when he passed away.
6. Your favorite place in the world.
Anywhere my favorite people are or my bed sleeping.
7. We have recently learned about Panchito, the newest addition to your family! Can you tell us more about him and what’s been the biggest surprise about him joining the family so far?
Honestly the biggest surprise about having Panchito is that he is a puppy and when he barks, he sounds like a big dog already. He is such a silly dog. He also loves playing with big dogs which is funny because he’s little with short legs. One of his best dog friends is a pitbull and loves playing with the pit every time the owner is out walking their dog.
8. What is the number one challenge you face in your job?
Communication is one of the hardest things in this job. Sometimes things don’t get communicated the way it should.
9. What do you think is the best way to meet that challenge?
By staying on top and making sure everyone that needs to be aware of the situation is aware and knows or coaching the employees who are not communicating with the right managers/supervisors.
10. What would you tell someone looking into working with YES?
YES will treat you with respect. YES values you as a person and as an employee.
11. You and your husband recently purchased a semi-truck and are starting your own business. So cool! If you were to hire YES’ CFO, Kerry Westenskow, and President, Reed Laws, to work for you and your family business, what would their job assignments be and how do you think their performance review would turn out?
Kerry would definitely be the driver because of what I have seen he is patient and always will to do the job right the first time. Reed would definitely be the broker because his experience with YES to get accounts and has been growing YES for 25 years says a lot about him and his sales experience/customer service. I think Kerry’s performance would be amazing due to his patience and commitment to the team. He would also do amazing because Kerry always does his research and asks questions and would take good care of the truck. He would get things right the first time like our mission statement get the right people on time. Reed would also would do amazing on his performance because he knows how to negotiate and would get the best price for the load Kerry would be doing.
We are so grateful to have you on the team, Jennifer, and look forward to continued success with you on our side!
Human Resources Manager
Your Employment Solutions