The Best Utah Staffing Professionals Work at Your Employment Solutions!
October is known as the month of tricks or treats, ghosts and goblins, bats and broomsticks. As much as we enjoy the holiday festivities here at YES, there’s nothing haunted or spooky about our employee of the month. He’s been an absolute treat to have on the team – Edgar Derce Molinares!
Thank You Edgar Derce Molinares | YES October 2019 Spotlight
Edgar has been a bilingual recruiter in our West Valley Office for 6 months now, but if you meet him you quickly realize he has recruiting and customer service skills that are out of this world! We are so lucky to have such a fun loving, uplifting, and caring team member. Edgar has been extremely reliable and committed to our vision and has shown so much support to his team and clients.
We asked Edgar to answer 11 questions about work and life. Here’s what he had to say:
1. Five things you enjoy.
- Helping people
- Going out with friends
2. Three things you don’t.
- When Alison takes my business cards to the front desk and hands them out to all candidates, later I get many calls from people asking for ME and I don’t even know who they are. (You will pay for your sins Alison)
- When Alejandra asks for suggestions of places to eat out, we give her 105 options, finally we always eat in the same tacos place Alejandra picks (El Moralense).
- When officer Karina calls, messages, snaps, Facebooks, emails us to make sure that we upload the candidate’s documents for her company (this girl does not play around, she will find you).
3. What do you like most about working at YES?
My coworkers: Maria, Alicia Alejandra, and Alison. We really have a nice organizational climate and help each other to reach our goals. They also know that I am the King of this office. I also like when Reed, Kerry or Jarum come to visit and give us encouragement.
4. What do you think would make YES better?
I think we are doing a great job as a team, however is always good to identify our strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats as a business, analyze them and create a strategy plan or project to get always better results.
5. If you could meet anyone, who?
6. Your favorite place in the world.
Morrocoy National Park Venezuela where I come from.
7. What’s the biggest difference between Venezuela and the USA?
The economy. Venezuela has been living the worst one ever lived before, due to a socialist and communist regime that has created the biggest exodus in their history where almost 5 million of Venezuelans are emigrated around the world trying to find a solution to their needs. The US has a good economical system that has maintained itself as one of the best in the world. I am super glad to be here in this country that gave me the opportunity to keep dreaming.
8. What is the number one challenge you face in your job?
At the beginning taking calls because of my fear of being able to understand English. I believe I am getting better.
9. What do you think is the best way to meet that challenge?
Facing it. When there is something that I think I have to overcome, weakness, lack of knowledge about something or fear, I face it and try to bring over that weakness into a strength.
10. What would you tell someone looking into working with YES?
We are a team prepared to help you, we just need you to be honest and reliable.
11. You like dance. You have to choose the perfect dance song for YES CEO Reed Laws and forYES CFO Kerry Westenskow. Which music would fit each of them best and why?
Kerry would be happy dancing “Llegaste Tú” Luis Fonsi, Juan Luis Guerra.
Reed would be happy dancing “Despacito” Luis Fonsi.
We appreciate all that you do for us, Edgar, and look forward to another great year of fang-tastic work from you! If you’ve got it, haunt it. (get it?) Ha! We appreciate you despite our corny puns!
Human Resources Manager
Your Employment Solutions