The Best Utah Staffing Professionals Work at Your Employment Solutions!
We have now officially survived the majority of 2020, but not without mention of another amazing employee who has helped YES do very well this year – Elijah Bowers!
Thank You Elijah Bowers | YES October 2020 Spotlight
Elijah is an Account Manager in our West Valley City Office who has been such a great team player and an awesome addition to the team. He has been very reliable, consistent, and hard working, which benefits the YES staffing team as well as our clients and other employees. Elijah is also very friendly, funny, witty, and clever. We enjoy having him on the team and look forward to learning more about him and from him as we continue to add to his team in West Valley.
We asked Elijah to answer 11 questions about work and life. Here’s what he had to say:
1. Five things you enjoy.
- Of Monsters and Men
- Great convos with friends and family
- Batman comics
- Video games (Apex and Destiny)
2. Three things you don't.
- Waking up early
- Eating salads without ranch dressing
- People telling me how to live my life
3. What do you like most about working at YES?
My manager and other great people that I work with every day.
4. What do you think would make YES better?
Snack bar. ?
5. If you could meet anyone, who?
Classic: Abraham Lincoln
6. Your favorite place in the world.
Anywhere my favorite people are or my bed sleeping.
7. If you were hired as the Senior Editor for your favorite comic book series, who would you determine as the best superhero of all time and why?
That’s hard it’s a toss up between Spiderman and Batman because they take trauma and mistakes and turn them into conviction and strength. That’s very typical of superhero origin stories but the way it’s done with them is really good. Especially with Spiderman in Spiderman Life Story by Chip Zdarsky. Batman’s inner struggle and determination to try and make sure no one else has to endure the trauma he did as a child is really interesting too from a psychological perspective like in the way his trauma manifests itself as his Batman persona in the classic Dark Knight Returns by Frank Miller.
8. What is the number one challenge you face in your job?
Not enough time, too many interruptions.
9. What do you think is the best way to meet that challenge?
Refine my process or maybe… Become a robot?
10. What would you tell someone looking into working with YES?
We’re doing our best to help you. Be honest and things will go smoother!
11. If you were to write your own YES inspired comic book with the President, Reed Laws, and the CFO, Kerry Westenskow, as the main characters – who is the villain, who is the hero, and what does the ending for YES look like?
If I wrote my own YES inspired comic book the enemy would definitely be the Coronavirus. Reed would be Miniature Man and Kerry would be the Rona Radicator. Miniature Man would shrink down to the size of the Rona and give it an old fashioned beatdown and the Rona Radicator would shoot infected people with a crossbow that has syringes with the vaccine. The end for YES looks like the Rona getting eradicated and more Jobs and candidates coming into our office and for the world at large obviously world peace.
Thank you for all that you do, Elijah! You are so valuable to YES!
Human Resources Manager
Your Employment Solutions