Utah’s Best Staffing Professionals Work at YES!
The month of September marks the end of summer and the beginning of autumn here in Utah. It’s the first full month of classes for students who have returned to school. This month is also the time for our spotlight to turn on bright towards one of our returning students who is a valuable On-Site Manager, Malyn Dickson!
Thank You Malyn Dickson | YES September Spotlight
Malyn has just returned from a summer internship out of state and has already been successful at finding her staffing groove again. She has returned as our Logan Office Manager and has already shown great progress towards building a strong team to support our clients in the area. She currently juggles work, school, and a new marriage and has been such a great addition to our team!
We asked Malyn to answer 11 questions about work and life. Here’s what she had to say:
1. Five things you enjoy.
- Watching TV series! (this is my favorite thing to do in my spare time. I get addicted to TV shows) Also reality TV (Bachelor, Bachelorette, and Bachelor in Paradise are my FAV).
- I love doing laundry. I think it’s the feeling I get when all of my clothes are clean and put away.
- Hanging out with my family. We could hang out every day and never get sick of each other.
- I LOVE playing games (card games and board games).
2. Three things you don’t.
- Logan winters.
- Waking up before 6 am. I’m not a morning person!
- Losing. I’m way too competitive (at everything)
3. What do you like most about working at YES?
I love the environment. I feel like I am part of this huge family, even when I am 50 miles away (thanks to skype!!).
4. What do you think would make YES better?
The only thing I can think of is to have all of the employees from all of the offices get together more often.
5. If you could meet anyone, who?
Easy. John Krasinski.
6. Your favorite place in the world.
Favorite place in the world is Newport Beach, California.
7. Utah summers vs Arizona winters. Who wins?
Arizona winters – the weather is literally perfect.
8. What is the number one challenge you face in your job?
Communication with supervisors. Some of them are great at it and then some are non-existent and it makes our job very hard!
9. What do you think is the best way to meet that challenge?
Communicating this problem to the supervisors and coming up with a solution so that there is open communication and we are always on the same page.
10. What would you tell someone looking into working with YES?
It’s an amazing company to work for and you won’t find a better group of people to work with.
11. You’re hired as the head coach of USA beach volleyball. Which team of YES execs has the best chance of medaling? Reed Laws and Jarum Stone? Or Kerry Westenskow and Brigham Yates? Why?
This is a tough one (and I hope no one gets offended) but I think I’m going to have to go with Reed and Jarum. Reed seems like he would be the most competitive/intense and Jarum would come up with a successful game plan.
We appreciate all that you do Malyn, and wish you the best as you work towards building your future through higher education.
Human Resources Manager
Your Employment Solutions