|Job Category||Manufacturing / Warehouse|
WAGE: Up to $21+$/hr to start, depending on your experience
Immediate openings available now. Start as soon as 3 days.
Your Employment Solutions (YES), a leader in the Utah jobs market, is currently hiring a Composite Layup Technician for a world renown composite manufacturer in the Salt Lake City area.
COMPOSITE LAYUP TECHNICIAN JOB DESCRIPTION:
You will specialize in the fabrication of composites using both open and closed molds. You'll need experience working with fiberglass and carbon-reinforced epoxies and resins, as well as other composite materials.
COMPOSITE LAYUP TECHNICIAN JOB DUTIES:
Duties include: Tool Preparation, Gel-coating, Layup, Vacuum bagging, debagging/demolding parts and equipment maintenance. Daily housekeeping of composites lay-up area, and other duties as required.
COMPOSITE LAYUP TECHNICIAN JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- You have experience working with equipment for both open and closed mold composite methods
- You're able to handle, promote, catalyze, and work with gelcoats, resins, and epoxies
- You have excellent attention to detail
- You're able to read, understand and follow work-instructions and drawings
- You can work safely in a composite manufacturing area with knowledge of proper PPE usage and material handling
- You're able to stand for lengthy periods of time and able to lift 50lbs
- You can work independently or with groups
- You're willing to work 40+ hours per week
- Certified composite technician certificate or equivalent work experience is required
- You have minimum of two years experience in an open mold layup area
- You have the ability to spray Gelcoat and Chop fiber at a consistent thickness
- You have working knowledge/experience of running a chopper gun
- You have Experience building production tooling.
WAGE: $17.00 – $21.00 per hour may pay more depending on experience
SHIFT: 10 hour Days | Monday to Thursday | 6:00 am – 4:30 pm