Your Employment Solutions, an award-winning leader in the Utah jobs market, is currently hiring an NPI Engineer in Salt Lake City. This is an exciting long-term opportunity to work with a major global electronics manufacturer new to Utah!
The ideal candidate will be professional technical leader, exude passion, high energy, and be dedicated to the success of the company.
NPI Engineer Job Description:
Will assume responsibility for the development of manufacturing processes, product, quality and testing. Participates in the administration and control of manufacturing and/or testing systems, training of personnel and coordination of activities related to the efficient flow of processes for the production area within the area of assignment.
NPI Engineer Job Duties:
- Responsible for the E2E process and acts as a leader in the launch of new plant products.
- Participates in the evaluation and definition of new products in conjunction with R&D and/or customer
- Collaborates in the definition of initial requirements for the manufacturing line as well as in the process of evaluation and certification
- Defines and plans the specific manufacturing program and certification of pilot tests, FAI's, design changes, to conclude with the evaluation and qualification of the product, continuously monitoring the progress
- Manages all communication related to new products (stop ships, management notice, etc.), specifications, quantities, times, MRR, tracking, build status, rework, etc)
- Ensures ISO-9000/ISO-14000 compliance and other certifications required as part of new product control Interfaces with the various multidisciplinary groups for the timely achievement of new startup products (materials, testing, manufacturing, product, distribution, safety, R&D, customer, etc.)
- Consolidates the response and position of the different multidisciplinary groups to declare when a new product is ready for production and shipment to customer, identifying risks and actions relevant to the success of the product
- Performs a formal documented MRR that can be presented to management and demonstrated to be feasible
- Establishes a continuous and formal internal management system (management system) in the plant as well as external with R&D and customer to follow up on all activities, situations and decisions that affect the program for launching new products, keeping a log of change control and status every day, as well as metrics of production performance and quality
- Maintains a measurement of the level of manufacturability, achievement of dates and volumes of each platform as well as a plan for future new products informing the extended team and management on a regular basis
NPI Engineer Job Requirements:
- Postgraduate degree in Engineering, preferably in Quality Systems and Materials Science
- Previous years experience on manufacturing lines of high performance electronic equipment, knowledge in quality systems, health, safety and environment
- Able to work well under pressure
- Excellent analytical skills in problem solving
- Outstanding customer service, leadership and teamwork skills
Shift: Full time | Monday to Friday | 3:30 PM to 12:00 AM
Benefits Include: Health Insurance, 401k, PTO, Holiday pay